Please Help Me with my Addiction...to Pepsi!

One could compare my addiction to Pepsi to a person addicted to nicotine. I have to have it every day, and yes, Im probably spending horrendous amounts of money.

Im a 30-something and I want to be drinking more healty alternatives. The thing is if I dont have my Pepsi for awhile I can actually get quite grumpy and moody...it's NOT pretty! Lmao

I tried the diet soda and it just makes me want to barf. What other alternatives to soda would be more healthy for me but at the same time help with those cravings???

Yes, this is a serious question. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If I were you, I would give your self a daily allowance of it. And instead of having a can or bottle or glass of it when you want it, only take a sip big enough that you aren't completely freaked over it anymore. Lol, that's how I quit smoking so that's the best advice I can give. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!! With pepsi and dr pepper I HAVE to have one or the other. I want to also go to healthy drinks as well..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't know, I am quiet interested in finding out others suggestions too. I am a coca-cola girl myself. And Go crazy without it. LMAO.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Have you ever read or heard what too much of that stuff can do to the lining of your stomach? Maybe you could try to look it up on your pc and that would help.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 10:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You should do some research about sugar and how badly it affects your body, maybe that will give you some motivation. I was like that with diet coke now I drink it a few times a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thanks, everyone. Im sure buy cutting this out of my daily rituals Id lose some weight as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It's like acid on your stomach my dear... need I say anymore. If you love yourself & want to minimize your health issues while you are young you will have the will power to ween yourself off of it & stay away from it. If you replace it with water eventually when you try drinking it you will find you've lost your taste for it. I heard once that if you apply pepsi on car paint it will damage the surface of the paint, now don't quote me on this but if this is true than you can only imagine of the years of abuse this would be to your esophagus, stomach etc. you get the picture. Now I know like everything else it will be difficult @ first after all it's like any addiction but if you have already taken the first step by accepting you are addicted, so, now be a big girl and remember your child/ children need you and you wouldn't want to pass unhealthy habits on to your children. Set a good example select good healthy ways of livi
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 10:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Point well taken, Bellafleurs. Thanks so much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• sorry, I was not trying to be tough on you it seems like you really want to do what's right for you and just needed a little push there & I really wanted to help get you there. I myself had a sweet tooth & craved sweets early in the morning & needed to have sweets starting with breakfast & that would set the tone for the day & I realized I was addicted when that would have to be followed up with more sweets throughout the day so trust me I've been there. I know all to well how difficult it is no matter what you are addicted to but if you recognize it then that's half the battle. There will be withdrawals but you have to be stronger & distract yourself as much as possible. I'd usually try to brush my teeths, exercise or drink water til the desire would go away. It is belief that it usually takes the brain approximately 10-15 minutes before certain cravings go away. Just think thankfully it's not drugs. Be true to yourself!
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 11:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Cont.~Good luck my dear & Godspeed!!
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 11:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009