showing sooner in your second pregnancy?

I have alwas heared that you show sooner in your second pregnancy.Im 5 months today and look like im only about 3.The baby weighs 13 ounces alread so i know hes not too little.With my first baby i was sticking way out there and she weighed the same around 5 months.Has anyone else ever heard that or is it just a myth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Generally our uterus is stretched out already and you pop sooner. But I weighed more with my second than I did with my first and my hips were wider, so it was harder to tell for me cause I already had extra weight on me. Does that make sense? Idon't kniow if that is the case with you, but you could also just be carying different. There isn't anything wrong with it, I'm on my 4th and carry didfferent every time.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yes it is likely that you will hsow earlier with the second just because your body has done it before but it also depends on where the baby is sitting your body type size and previous weight and the development of the baby i know so many women that dont barely show til 7 months but then i also know women that are like me and looked 8 months at 3 months lol my baby is up front tho and realy low so she has been pushing out the whole time and now im just huge lol if your not showing to much dont worry everyone is differnt
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• With #2 I think I started showing before DH and I even had sex ;)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• haha gramsmom!!! me too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• its a myth. i didn't really show till 5 months. both times
    and i;m a TINY girl.
    90 pds before DD .
    and 80 pds before this pregnancy.. so.. its all bull lol
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i was showing at 4 weeks nothing major but i am huge everyone thinks i am having twins. i didnt get big until i was 20 weeks and i blew up over night like a whale
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 4:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2009