I have had no period after childbirth of my 3rd child why?

I had my third child on Dec 30, 2008, then On January 26, 2009 I had a tubal ligation. My son is now 9 weeks old and I have still not had a period. Is there something wrong with that or is completely normal? Everything that I have read about says that your periods should go back to normal but that is just not the case for me.

mommymoore03

Asked by mommymoore03 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• Are you breastfeeding? That can delay it. I had a friend who had a tubal and she said afterwards her cycles were irregular for like a year. Having a period evry 3-4 weeks and not again for 2 months. Could be your body still adjusting.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I did not even attempt to breastfeed this one. He came home and went straight onthe bottle, so I dont think that is it, my hushband keeps freaking out thinking that im pregnant. I dont think that is it either but I guess you never know.
    mommymoore03

Answer by mommymoore03 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yep, it's normal. It's different for each woman for each child but some women don't get them back for months.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009