How can I pass the time?

I have 22 days until my c-section, I'll be 39w 2d.... How can I pass the time? All I am thinking about is HOW LONG and WHEN. I'm worrying about anything and everything....
Any thoughts on the spinal? I know... random.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used the time at home before delivery to get super orangized, clean (really well), make meals and freeze them, shop to stock up on things, walk, read, enjoy some peace and quiet. I also made sure to go on a few dates with my hubby : )
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ive never had a csection im sorry your worried lol i think i would be too my friend sara had a csection and the spinal didnt take for her so they had to knock her out but that was an emergency csection so they had no choice ... but i have never personally heard anything back about the spinal from people who had csections ... id try to do like baby things time always seems to fly by when i do that i paint ittle figures for her room and make her blankets and bibs .. that is what i would try to do to help pass the time good luck honey
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I had a spinal for my csection and it was fine. It's amazing how quickly it works! The only downfall is that you can't feel anything for about 1.5-2 hours after they give it to you. But since this is an elective surgery, they'll take their time and the whole thing will probably last somewhere around 30-45 minutes. So I would say you'll start getting some feeling back about an hour, hour and half afterwards. You can still hold your baby, your arms are not numb.

Good luck! I think I'll probably have an elective csection for baby #2 since my son was a csection baby (non-emergency). I don't know which is worse ... waiting to go into labor, not knowing which day that will be, or knowing which day you'll give birth ... :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I cleaned all my floor boards and walls, like every day. haha. My house was always spotless the last 2 months. I wish I could say the same now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i would say try too spend some time with friends and family in these lat few days before you become very tired and very busy taking care of baby go out too lunch maybe go shopping get your mind off of what is worrying you
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would relax and enjoy being able to sleep when you want !! Clean and get everything organized.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 1:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I have eleven days left until I get induced, and I can't stop moving the nursery around. I'm driving my hubby nuts, lol.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 8:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009