Is there anything I can add to my store bought frosting to make it less sweet ? It is creme cheese flavor, can I just add some creme cheese?

2protectivemom

Asked by 2protectivemom at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes, just add it a little bit at a time so you don't add too much. You can actually whip the store bought frosting to make it fluffier, just use your mixer and whip some air into it, it goes farther and is a lighter frosting.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 10:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I know what you mean it is too sweet that is my favorite frositng when I bake.

It being so sweet to me I just put it on light you don't have to put too much on what you bake now if the family likes it sweet then just cut back on yours.GL

You made me want to bake a cake now....oh the calories.....when will tomorrow come....happy birthday

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• sure!!! Just whip it first!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Thanks you guys ! I whipped the creme cheese into it, and it helped alot ! Normally we don't eat anything but chocolate frosting which I make myself, but I am making the Groovy Jeans Cake (recipe from Betty Crocker) for my daughters Birthday, and she had a choice between Vanilla and Creme Cheese because I had to color it blue. I figured I'd just go ahead and buy it to save some time, next time I'll know to just make it myself, that stuff is WAY TO SWEET !
    2protectivemom

Answer by 2protectivemom at 11:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I had no idea until a few weeks ago that the store bought frosting has trans fat in it! That about sent my super athletic-chocolate loving husband into a fit!! :-)

I've been searching for good tried and true recipes for my own frosting so he can still eat chocolate!! :-)
    Anonymous