HELP Please!!! My 4 month old is teething and just cries like crazy...I have gave him Tylenol rubbed his gums and tried a wet cloth with ice inside...What else can I do to help him?

My 4 month old is teething and just cries like crazy...I have gave him Tylenol rubbed his gums and tried a wet cloth with ice inside...What else can I do to help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well you people might all think im crazy and think this is horrible but i did too at first until I found that it WORKED!!! My grandmother told me about this and at first I was like NO WAY!! Anyway I used whiskey yes whiskey I got those little bottles at the liquor store and would just tip it up and wet the tip of my finger with it and then rubbed it on his gums worked like a charm and its not enough to hurt them its no different than having a beer and breast feeding! This was definatly my last resort but nothing else worked for my little guy, baby orajel, ice , cold cloths, teething rings NOTHING!! but this worked for him not 100% but alot better than anything else iv tried this is what women did b4 orajel and it definatly works!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Are you sure it is teething? Could it be an ear infection (if you are FF or bottle feeding it is very possible)? What about thrush? Are there white spots you can not wipe off inside of baby's mouth?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Avoid ice...it is rather sharp when it is hard frozen and can cut the gums making it worse. Let the wash cloth soften before you give it to baby. You probably haven't started solids yet but if you have, a little frozen apple (thawed slightly) in a mesh feeder really helps. If your doctor has okay'd it, go with Motrin versus Tylenol as it has an anti inflammatory in it...but it is not generally recommended until 6 mo. Other than that, there isn't much you can do. Something to chew on is about it. anonymous is right though...it could be an ear infection...sometimes they present similarly in younger babies. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Poor thing... are you sure it's teething??? I would have his ears check to make sure.
    You could try Hylands teething tablets...
    Don't do Motrin... he is too young. But Tylenol is okay. Call your pediatrician for the dose by weight. If you go by the box it might be too low of a dose.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009