Have you had a Tubal Ligation?

I am considering having it done. We know we are 100% done having kids so it makes sense for one of us to do something permanently. Did you have a long recovery afterwards? Were there any complications? I am worried because I have already had two c-sections and gallbladder surgery. I am not sure I am ready to go through another surgery yet. But DH doesnt really want to get a Vasectomy. So I guess its left to me to do something.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No long recovery.... about 2 weeks max. Had the laproscopic surgery (belly button bandaid). It's not bad, just leave room to have them un-done (you never know what will happen)...
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yeah,not that bad,they also went in my navel,I was a little sore fore a week or so,but no biggy.Good luck,and tell you hubby he is a whimp. just kiddin you'll do fine.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Thanks Pacemyself for your response. I actually dont have to worry about ever wanting anymore children due to the fact that it could be dangerous to my health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes I have had one and it's not a hard thing to recover from if there are no complications. Yes I agree with PaceMyself, if at all possible, leave room to have it undone because you may have regets. I know I did have regrets for a little while but Im over it now.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 10:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I had my tied when my dd was born so the recover went right along with my child birth recovery. They went thru my belly button too and you can barley see the scar now.

INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 10:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• How come your husband doesn't want a vasectomy? They are actually safer and more simple then a tubal ligation, but that's just my opinion. Here's a to help with your research.
    http://www.vascenters.com/tubal.htm
    Good luck! Hope everything works out for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Val504- I totally agree, my DH is a huge wimp!.....LOL. But his main reason is that if for some reason we divorced or if I died he said he may have more kids if he married someone that didnt have any. Where I know without a doubt I will never have anymore. I think he is just finding excuses........
    Anonymous

• anon 8:53 I HOPE those are just excuses! If my SO ever said something like that to me I would have been like,why don't you go start looking for her now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Men are wimps, my hubby didnt wanna do it either cuz it might hurt he said. BWAHAHAHA...

I had a tubal almost 14 mths ago after the birth of our last son. I had c/sections so it was done right after he was out,etc.

My periods were a little weird(heavier bleeding one mth, less the next) for the first couple of months but that was about it. No major difference in my recovery from the section itself,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I waited 2 weeks after I had my last. Now mind you I have 5 children so I know for sure I was done. I have a very small scar that you can barely see near my belly button. I made sure to tell my OB/GYN that I still want to wear a bikini so I do not want any large scars. The recovery was really easy for me. I mean I was tired that night but other than that the next day was the same day as any other day.
    I think it depends on how fast your body heals hon. All people are different thats what makes us so aweome.
    momof5inohio

Answer by momof5inohio at 12:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009