if your husband says he only wants to for a child but wants nothing to do with you and you are married to him, and he is sleeping around, what should i do. i know whats right, i need to get over it and stay away but im young and stupid.

How do i help my self stay away from controling, cheating husband that says he doesnt want me anymore, he just wants my baby, and thats all he has ever wanted from me?

sadmamma2b

Asked by sadmamma2b at 10:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Respect yourself and your baby and get away from him. It is toxic to stay in a relationshiop like that. And being young does not mean you have to make bad decisions. Be yound and brave and smart. You can do what YOU want to do.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• meant young, oops.
    GMR

• There would be no question in my mind that I would need to leave someone like that. Think about it this way: if it was your sister being treated like this instead of you, what would you tell her to do?
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Listen to what you are saying...OMG...
    Look in the mirror and think more of yourself..
    He is telling you up right what he wants...He is being honest with you...you are not being
    honest with yourself...He is sleeping around to boot...and what will become of you when
    he brings home a nice disease for you..
    Wise up...grow up....
    You are a woman, a woman of values and morals..
    You are not someone doormat!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No offense, but NO SH** Dannee is RIGHT. Make a copy of this question, hell make 100 copies and put them up everywhere and force yourself to keep reading what you just wrote. If you know it's best to bow out and you just don't because you're only excuse is that you're young and dumb.... then you have no excuse at all.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Give your child the chance to see how strong you can really be... And how smart you are, get out now and teach your child that letting someone walk all over you is sooo wrong. I have an ex that wanted to keep me pregnant, if I hadn't put a stop to it I would have way too many kids and no happiness... I have been free for 3 yrs now and its so awesome... There is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Life is made of choices. If you choose to remain in a loveless arrangement (I won't even call it a marriage) then that is your choice but children learn what they live. Do you want your child growing up in that environment? You have options. You can accept that your role in life is to be his pawn and babymaker or you can choose to respect yourself and find happiness elsewhere. It's all up to you. Just think that there is a man out there who would love the opportunity to love you for who you are not what you can make for him. Personally I think it would be worth checking out and tell your sperm donor "see ya"

Answer by admckenzie at 11:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The first thing you must do is encourage yourself,pump yourself up. See for some reason jerks like that feel they are actually needed, you are enabling that by allowing him to continue to ruin your life. He doesn't want you so why keep making yourself avaible to him. It is hard I know I have been there. It took me years to realize that my husband honestly felt that he could say and do what he wanted to me and I had no say in it. I must be honest I allowed him to treat me that way because I thought he was the only one who would want me. Girl one day I woke up and I had a new lease on life and I took my kids and started fresh. We are together today but it took me leaving for him to see how good he had it. He treats me like gold now. You gotta live for you and the babies. good luck
    FIVEBABIES

Answer by FIVEBABIES at 12:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ok, your profile says you are in a shelter over this. this is far more serious than him just not loving you. Please listen to the shelter personnel and make your life better for yourself and your child. Let the controlling jerk go.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You know that you cannot continue life this way by being in love with this man...he will only drag you further down....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009