• In the Spotlight:

Very disturbing question. If you are sensitive, or easily offended, don't read!

Would eat people?

My husband and I were discussing meats the other night, and we were talking in hypotheticals. If someday science is able to grow meat, with out growing whole animals, would it be morally acceptable to veegan's to eat it, since it never had a face? And if they could grow all kinds of meat, which would you try, and which would you not try? Would you eat, giraffe? elephant? tiger? monkey? human?

I am of the opinion that it goes against nature for us to not eat meat. Our teeth were designed (and I mean designed thru an evolutionary sense, not by a creator) to eat both animals and plants. So I would have no problems eating any of the above. I would eat people if it were offered. I wouldn't take another person's life just to eat them, but I would try it.

What about you?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Whoa. Can't stop my evil-brain from thinking RUMP ROAST would take on a whole new meaning. And to answer the question, no I don't think I'd try it...I'd be afraid I'd like it too much, develop a taste for it, and then become a merciless man-eater, knocking off my neighbors to satisfy my blood lust. :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would starve to death and die before I would eat another human being. I can't comment further, too weird for me.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Wow, you guys must have had some conversation last night, lol! No, I personally wouldn't eat human.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Do your friends know this about you? Seriously asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Ehhhhhh,I have been hungry before and nice plump arm or leg dipped in BBQ sauce might have been good!
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• unless I was part of the Donner party I would say no to eating human flesh. Too gross! I would try "exotic" animals if they were not on the extinction list. I have had rattlesnake and ostrich.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If it was life or death I sure would and don't think I would regret it. Food is food when you're starving. I would hope that if I died first someone would be smart enough to eat me in order to stay alive...

I couldn't do the Daumer thing though.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• LOL --- see? This is what happens when there's nothing on TV!!

Well, first off, I'm not so sure I'd trust meat that had been cultured & grown in the labs of the govt.

BUT, if I could get past that little hangup... and someone grew me a "steak" of some sort ---- any sort ---- that didn't have feelings & had never really lived --- then sure, I'd give it a shot.

It would actually help me out tremendously! LOL Being Buddhist, I have a certain amount of guilt in eating meat...... but my love of BBQ slightly outweighs that guilt at the present time.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No, I just cant imagine eating any of those meats, including people.

Just doesnt seem right to me.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I'm not talking slaughter your neighbors and eat them. I'm talking if it were grown in a lab, specifically for food purposes.

And Sabrina, damn skippy I would eat you, if you died first, and I was starving. No offense, I'd eat my husband too. I'm not sure if I could bring myself to eat my children though. I think I would sacrifice myself to feed them, before I would let them starve to death!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2009