Anyone ever have any luck being a mystery shopper?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have to asnwer this one,I watched Dr Phil,like last week,it is a scam,they will send you a first check and it will bounce,,they said even the banks can't tell they are fake.so beware.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• good to know!
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I used to be a mystery shopper and I never really made any money. They mainly just reimbursed me after I did my "assignment", but they only reimbursed me for the products and not gas money. The product or service that you purchase can't be more than a certain amount because they only give back a certain amount. I didn't like it at all. Try AVON! No risk and great products. Check it out at www.youravon.com/egrayer or email your inquiry at youravonreps@ymail.com. Let me know how it works out for you.
    Lizzie01

Answer by Lizzie01 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I was a mystery shopper for a couple of companies. One had better benefits than the other and they were not scams. The ones that are scams are the ones that ask you for money. NEVER give them any money. I ususally got like $10 plus reimbursed for my "assignment" and when they are desperate to fill the "assignment" they start calling you directly and will give you more money. It was fun when I was in college and newly married but it's not worth my time now that I am a mother of 2. You have to do most shops alone and if I can't bring my kids I can't do the shops.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My friend tried it about a year and quit, there are not enough jobs to do and the gas expense was killing her! She works at home with me now.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 3:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I've tried it - along with MANY other things. Here's my story of all the money I wasted and things I tried in the 2 years I spent trying to work at home: http://www.HealthAndDentalOptions.org/cwiler.html 

I've now been successfully working at home for 2 1/2 years now and I make nearly $50k a year with Ameriplan.  You can see my info here: http://www.CreatingFreedomAtHome.com

workathomemama

Answer by workathomemama at 6:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2009