This question goes along with the 9 yr old rape victim, since when....?

Since when do children get periods so early..... 9? Isn't that incredibly early? I remember getting mine at 12 and it was early to me. Someone said it's the chemicals in the food making our chilren develop faster.... anyone have any thoughts or insight on this topic?
And in the other question, someone said a 5 year old got pregnant. Can that really be true?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i also heard that now-a-days grls are getting them earlier bc of whats in the food!! -thats crazy- and yes that 5 y/o can be true!! i was googling something about pregnancy a few months back , and they had a list of the youngest pregnancys (all due to rape mind u) it was sick! ... if u want to look for urself just google probably "youngest girls to get pregnant" or something , i cant remember what i googled
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We were all young in my family, my little sis was only nine when she started, and yes a couple of decades ago there was a mother who was 5 who was pg, it was in South America, I watched a program on her, she was from a tribe of people who's life expentancy was only in the 30's so they developed at a younger age...(that's what the documentary said) And yes the hormones in the foods are making children mature faster, not too far from my a 2 yr old started her period, her dr's put her on hormone supressers to stop this, the news program it was on said it was bc of all the additives in foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Whoa.... this is disturbing... can we do anything to stop it?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• a 2 y/o omg?! ... i cant imagine that , some grown women HATE their periods i couldnt imaine being younger
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Heres the list i was talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• oh and if u read the weights of those babies it may be VERY sad , i cried at the weights , its sad!!!!
    tha-hawt-mommie

• In some families the girls do get their periods earlier. It is genetics to some extent. In my family, we were late bloomers. I didn't get my first until I was 16. (That was great! LOL). BUT, there are now some correlations between the hormones in food we eat and earlier onset of puberty (so in an early bloomer family the period may come even earlier). A friend of mine has a daughter who is 8. She started getting breasts at 5. She had hair, down there, at 6! They took her to several doctors. She is now on hormone treatments to stop her early onset of puberty and some of the doctors have said that the hormones in the meats and milks may be a cause (this is a family that normally didn't get a period until 13ish). They now watch and only buy meats and dairy that have not been treated with hormones. The hormone treatments will also leave her growth stunted but she shouldn't get a period until 12ish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i got mine at 10 so did my sister that is just how it happens in our families and ya it happens alot i mean in 3rd world countries these little girls are married offf as early as 9 - 10 years old to way older men and are expected to have children it happens women that have earlier periods go threw metopause(SP?) sooner but again exceot in my family lol women in our family we dont til around 65 lol every woman has been that way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 11:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Precocious puberty (Latin: pubertas praecox) is an unusually early onset of puberty, the process of sexual maturation triggered by the brain or exogenous chemicals, which usually begins in late childhood and results in reproductive maturity and completion of growth. Early puberty may be a variation of normal development, or may be a result of a disease or abnormal hormone exposure.
    Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 11:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2009