did i do the right thing with my 10 year old dd? please help ASAP

my dd has been in a mental hosp. she got out yesterday. well not to long after she got home she could not handle all the drama. we have a large famliy. so i talked to my dad and he picked her up. and is moving her in with him. i feel very bad about this. i am not sure if i did the right thing. she was in the mental hosp. because she tried to kill her siblings. what would you have done it it was you. and do you think i am doing the right thing?

mommytwo5

Asked by mommytwo5 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• If what you said is true then maybe she deserves to live with your dad in a less hectic house. That doesn't make you a bad parent. Your concerned. I had my nephew living with us.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• of course you done the right thing,it is your job as a mother to keep your children safe,and if it means removing another child,then yes that's what you have to do.,But if you still think she could be a threat to your dad or herself or anyone else,you need to have her committed,for a longer stay. Good Luck and God Bless you
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes you did the right thing. You are doing it for your other children's shake!!
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• wow, this sounds like a ery hard time for all involved. i am suprised they allowed her to come home to the same sibbling situation. That had to be hard on the sibblings too.
    I guess if I had to answer:
    I think if she wanted to go, then yu did what was best for the whole family, not just one person. Especially, if you trust your dads ability to handle her special situation right now. I am sure the Dr.'s who helpped her would want to know about the move and could help you with the right steps for the next few months.
    good luck with th next step. For your own sanity:
    just commit to your choice and "make" it the right be the right one for your family.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• To me, if she couldn't "handle the drama", there are 2 problems. #1: She needs more inpatient treatment. #2: You need help getting the drama out of your house. (that's not meant to be insulting. I have 4 kids myself --- it's total chaos all the time!)

While you're working on those things, though, yes it's probably best she live in a low-stress enviroment.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I wish you the best of luck. You did what you had to do to protect all involved, including your other children. I know it broke your heart to send her away just be sure to stay in constant contact with her with visits and extra love. Poor thing!! This broke my heart.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2009