How do I clean the bath mat? I have a rubber one with suction cups on the back so the baby doesn't slip. Can I launder it?

Should I put it in the dishwasher? Washing machine? Hand clean each of those tiny suckers???

j9gem

Asked by j9gem at 11:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I always just put mine in the washer, make sure it's inbetween towles so it won't stick to the washer...LOL But it will work wonders, I even was my shower curtain when it gets too many hard water stains on it too.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 11:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No kill two birds with one stone (sort of). Fill your tub up with water and some cleaning agent, you could use bleach that might be best and flip the mat over. Just leave it sit for a few hours come back and just wipe a little (the mat and the tub) and whoolaaa.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The bleach won't, well, bleach out the color on the rubber bath mat?
    j9gem

Answer by j9gem at 11:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I use Comet and pour bleach over it (upside down) then spray with lysol

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i use a scrub brush and baken soda or ajax. and with it still in the tube i scub like crazy till its clean i never cleaned it any other way. but i scub both sides and rinse with hot water till i know its sqweeky clean.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No bleach won't change the color of a rubber bath mat. Just make sure you rinse the mat and tub with water after you clean it so none of the bleach remains.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Bleach will destry the integrity of the material. You can bleach it, but it will wear out faster. However, bleach is the best for killing bacteria, germs and mold. IF it isn't too bad, run it throuth the dishwasher. I clean mine that way.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• *through
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009