22 Month old Not Sleeping At Night! Need Serious Help, please!

She's always woke up at least twice a night, but for the past two weeks she has started waking up each hour all night long. I am going crazy and need sleep. I know she needs sleep too, cause she is acting horribly during the daytime.

Her schedule has not changed and she does take a 2 hour nap every afternoon.

Any ideas, please! I am desperate. Last night she was wake from 1 am -5:30.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any chance those two-year molars could be coming in? My daughter was a beast when hers showed up, and forget sleeping! Check out the back of her mouth, and if her gums are erupting, grab for the tylenol! Hope you get some sleep soon! :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree - take a look inside and see if you spot any evidence that those molars are on the move. Mine is working on her last one now. I have to give her 3 teething tablets and a full dose of motrin just before bed or she wakes up once an hour all night long.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Even twice a night at that age sounds rough on you. I agree about the teething, but even once that's over with (if that's what it is) you should think about ways to stop going into her at all. Is she in a crib still? We used some crying it out and it worked wonders, but she was young (6-7 months). Now she's your daughter's age and never needs us at night unless she's sick. I'm not sure how crying it out would work at this stage... Is she getting up to eat? Just to be rocked?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009