My 2 y/o is biting herself.

My 2 y/o is biting herself contantly. I think she is getting teeth, but will not chew on teether or anything else. She is leaving marks and will not stop. She bites so hard that she makes herself cry. Her arm looks terrible, and abused looking. Teething tablets are not helping. Any ideas?

monkeyberry

Asked by monkeyberry at 11:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she bits herself act like your bitting yoursef and scream like crazy! Show her how she looks. My two year old did this also.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My ss did this also, at about the same age, he eventually grew out of it, we just had to keep taking his arm out of his mouth, and he would move onto something else, usually his sleeve or something (but it was better than his arm). Now i don't know if this has any thing to do with the other, but a few months to a year later we did have problems with him bitting other kids in his daycare, he would get over excited or frustrated and bite.
    HeatherH11183

Answer by HeatherH11183 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009