Is this hypocritical or concerned parenting?

Years ago, I met a girl who was a lesbian. We ended up in a relationship. My mom had a huge problem with that. She said she didnt agree with that type of relationship. I was in that relationship for 5 years. The thing is 2 of her closest friends are lesbians. They both have girlfriends that they have been with for years and she has no problem hanging out with them. She never has a bad thing to say about them. Then the girl I was with passed away and I felt like I was alone because if it had been a boyfriend who passed away, I feel like she would have been more sympathetic. But since she didn't accept our relationship, I felt like she wanted me to get over it as quick as possible so she didn't have to be reminded that I was ever with a girl. I still think about it everyday. I know she has her ideas on how I should live my life but do you think she should have accepted my choice & been more understanding when my girlfriend died?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do agree with legalmommy
    but it still seems to me that your mom
    was a hypocrite....I don't care for the people who live their life with
    do as I say not as I do...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I have had friends in the past that smoked pot and all they did was party but I would never want that for my own children. Things are more acceptable when it's friends that do it and not our children. With that said, you should sit and talk with your mom and tell her how you really feel about it. That doesn't mean that she will change her view because she might not but it might make you feel better that she knows how you feel.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009