eggs

How do you make a hard boiled egg that will peel easily? I hate when the shell won't come off easily for deviled eggs...makes me crazy...help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Using a spoon helps. I didn't ever know this until the last year or so, but you crack the shell a bit and then slide the spoon under the shell. It fits great around the egg and you can just kinda slide the egg apart from it's shell. It works great!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Put salt in the water when you are cooking them and when they are done, pour the water off of them and put them under running water or in a bowl of ice water, the quick change in the temp will cause the egg to pull away from the shell better.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 12:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Put vinegar in the water.
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 12:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I read that you shouldn't use super fresh eggs for hard boiled...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I only have fresh eggs and they are sooo much harder to peel, but the salt and the cold water do help alot.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 12:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I've never used the salt, but do find that putting them in very cold water immediately helps a lot.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• use older eggs. The fresher the egg the harder to peel. In our restaurant we used to boil em, crack em, and let them soil in some cold water with lemon juice.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• older eggs!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009