Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apartment complex?

Ok, so me and my boyfriend live in an apartment complex. Ever since we moved in here, its been nothing but DRAMA. When there is a problem in our apartment, They dont fix it... & if they do its half ass. Our electric goes out at least once a month & we have told them about it, They havent done anything... When we moved in the maintenance men's "office" was above our apartment (we are in a basement apartment)... So they were CONSTANTLY so loud everyday, banging, dropping shit, blasting music and singing... so we complained & when we said why werent we told about this, the women said "we didnt ask"... So it got to the point where it was like they were bowling up there & mind you, my boyfriend works from home. Making phone calls... So she had them move out from above us back in nov.... WELL... they were suppose to re-do the apartment & it was suppose to be finished by feb. 1st... im due to have a baby in april...Cont...

Answer Question

Asked by kwiseman19 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • well its still not finished & they constantly blast music and sing to it & work from 11 - 5 like everyday, banging and just being soo loud... now its just frustrating because its been nothing but problems since we moved in.... we pay our rent early each month, never have a problem with anything bill wise... Is there anything legally we can do??.... or just anything we can do??...

    Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • Try looking up your state's Tenant - Landlord Act and see if there is anything you can do or call the local Consumer Advocate, even the Federal Trade Commission might be able to help. Normally each state has it's own laws on what you can and cannot do.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • yes, go pick up a tenant landlord handbook. thats what i had to do with my piece of shit landlord

    Answer by tnteaton at 1:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • Since you've tried going through managment and they aren't doing anything, then when the noise starts, call the police to report a noise disturbance. Maybe having some visits to the complex will make the managers take notice when they don't follow up on things like this.

    And most local laws state any problems with heating/air/electricity have to be taken care of within 4 weeks or a reasonable time frame according to circumstances (like if its winter and 30 degrees out they have to fix it within a week) I would definitly check the local laws for renting.

    Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.