may be pregnant but concerned

I have not yet confirmed if im pregnant which i pray to God i am, but if i am im kinda concerned because of my obesity. any suggestions or advice ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just make sure u are gaining the correct weight amount that you should being pregnant not over or too less
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Once you talk to your doctor, you just want to be sure you follow all the things he/she tells you to do.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Don't be concerned. Yes you are at higher risk for some things but as long as your go to a nutritionist so that you know how to eat healthy, walk everyday and watch your salt intake everything will more than likely be fine.

I am obese too. I do everything the nutritionist told me and I do NOT have high blood pressure, do NOT have diabeties or any other issues. You will hear that you are more likely to have a c-section but as long as you don't have a section happy doctor you'll be fine.

I personally prefer midwifery care because you are treated badly no matter your weight but it's up to you.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it either. Like I said your at a higher risk but as long as you take care of yourself and keep your weight gain under control you'll be fine. My HCP says she's wishes that regular weight women had half the drive and weight responsibility I do so I must be doing something right.
    Anonymous

• I meant NOT treated badly...SORRY!!
    Anonymous

• I;m obesse and this is my fourth pregnancy. The most I've gained was with my first and that was 7 lbs. I know that I take care of myself better when I am pregnant and I have very good pregnancies. I too see a midwife and think that is helpful, they spend more time with me and help me keep an eye on my weight, but don't hound me about it. GL and congrats.
    Anonymous