2 days past my due date.... couple questions

1 do you have to be in really bad pain when you first go into labor?
2 when should i go to the hospital considering i dont know if this is true labor or not im having alot of signs of labor but i dont know lol i thought the second time was going to be easier and i wouldnt second guess myself but i am...... i have been hurting like this for the past couple days well since monday it doesnt go away no matter what i do i walked the mall yesturday and it just made my legs swell so my final question is is this real or am i just in this much pain for no reason? i dont wanna call a doc cause they just say go in if its real the nurse staff will know and everytime i have i come home with my son still in my belly im ready to carry him in the door in my arms

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 2 days past due two lol. My labor was easy...I didnt even know I was in labor til I went to he hospital and they told me. I had been having contractions for the last 3 days, but thought that is was my daughter sticking her butt up or something cause it didnt hurt. So no, labor doesnt have to hurt. If you think your in labor time your contractions, and if it is then go to the OB. Good luck, Congrats on the new baby!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• call ur nurse and ask them they will tell u to wait or come in
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Hi,

I work as a Doula, and will tell you that as you are now finding out...every pregnancy is completely different. I have worked with mom's that know exactly when their first labor 'contraction' was because they couldn't breath through it - some were real & others were just anxious for it to be so, and there were other mom's that kept telling me "Oh, it's really not that bad yet, why don't we just go for another walk" all the while they are progressing very rapidly, and have a higher pain tolerance so think it surely can't be labor. My suggestion would be to let your care provider take a look. Your legs swelling is not a good sign, but some women do tend to do this in late pregnancy...you just don't want to take chances. Believe me, the doctors, nurses, or midwives do not mind you coming in 'to be sure' , and you could never live with yourself if you had something terrible happen that could have been prevented.
    DoulaJudi

Answer by DoulaJudi at 12:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If its a constant pain i would say that you are not in labor. If your instincts are telling you that there is something wrong you should go talk to your OB/midwife just to be sure.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2009