Posted in 2 area's... need lost of advice..

Ok, so me and my boyfriend live in an apartment complex. Ever since we moved in here, its been nothing but DRAMA. When there is a problem in our apartment, They dont fix it... & if they do its half ass. Our electric goes out at least once a month & we have told them about it, They havent done anything... When we moved in the maintenance men's "office" was above our apartment (we are in a basement apartment)... So they were CONSTANTLY so loud everyday, banging, dropping shit, blasting music and singing... so we complained & when we said why werent we told about this, the women said "we didnt ask"... So it got to the point where it was like they were bowling up there & mind you, my boyfriend works from home. Making phone calls... So she had them move out from above us back in nov.... WELL... they were suppose to re-do the apartment & it was suppose to be finished by feb. 1st... im due to have a baby in april...Cont...

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well its still not finished & they constantly blast music and sing to it & work from 11 - 5 like everyday, banging and just being soo loud... now its just frustrating because its been nothing but problems since we moved in.... we pay our rent early each month, never have a problem with anything bill wise... Is there anything legally we can do??.... or just anything we can do??...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• unfortunately where it is from 11-5 they have every right too be up there working and all as for the loud music and stuff i am not too sure if you can do anything about that either sense it is during the day and all if it was late at night after 11 then i could see the police coming in and doing something about it i would say try looking in too moving seems like this has been non stop and will not stop its part of living in a apartment it stinks at times
    Anonymous

• I doubt there is anything you can do, noise is one of the problems with living in an apartment. I lived in an apartment when my daughter was 2 and the boy above us was 5. He used to jump off everything and shake our room. he even jumped off his high chest dresser and my daughter would always say Andre or Thunder? I would say just andre. Believe it or not your baby will get used to it and not wake up. My daughter sleeps even when I vaccuum...babies can sleep through anything.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• oh no..there Is something you can do..i know from Experience..if its heard from 25 feet away from your doorstep it's called disdurbing the peace and the cops will go up there and say something..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• oh ya, the cops came telling us we were disturbing our asshole neighbors peace at like 530 or 6 in the evening.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009