Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should i do?

brief background:DH is in the military & hasfull legal and physical custody of DS. He gave guardianship to his parents before him & i had met. so my IL's have guardianship of DS. We are trying to terminate or get consent from BM to remove parental rights. Well, i talk to BM's sister on occasion (she suports us) & she just informed me that BM moved. Our court order says that BM has 10 days from the time of the move to inform us. but BM's sister said that she moved like 3 weeks ago. What shoud we do? Should i tell my lawyer? should we pretend we dont know & serve her for a court day ...and then of course she wont show bc she wont know?

So, we thought we'd wait until the first of next month and when we send her her next CS bill and send it certified. Then when it gets returned to us we'll know for sure she's not living there & then we'll be able to take things from there. What do you think?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I'd notify your attourney and see what they suggest.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 12:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • ask your lawyer.

    Answer by AmaliaD at 2:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • talk to your lawyer

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2009