Glucose Screening

I had my glucose screening yesterday, and it came back borderline abnormal. I have to go back in on Tuesday for the 3 hour test. This happen to anyone? How did it turn out for you?

musikdoll

Asked by musikdoll at 12:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this with my second child. It was a PITA but everything came out ok. Make sure you follow doc's pre-appt instructions so you don't throw off the test. Bring a book or some sewing or something to keep you occupied because they usually ask that you don't leave for the whole 3 hrs.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Most of the time for pregnant women the 3 hour usually comes back normal. Try not to stress it and yes take a book cause they will just want you sit and remain there the whole 3 hours.
    Anonymous

• well i have a question for this question... when do they do the glucose screening? I went to an ob clinic with my daughter and remember having it done around 16 weeks. I go to an actual doctor with this baby, im 20 weeks today and they still havent said anything about it.even when i ask its like they dont want to answer me. Im thinking about switching back to the ob clinic but would hate to since the doctor already has known everything going on in this pregnancy
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 1:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009