What do you think of "Extreme Home Makeover"?

I'm pretty darm impressed with it. It's not just a show; it's real people giving to others and asking for nothing in return. I didn't know people still do that these days.

Bethe333

Asked by Bethe333 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love it. It has bought tears to my eyes several times the way they help out some of those people.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I love the show, the only thing I question is how the winners pay the taxes. The homes they build are huge and cost alot. Doesn't that cause your land/home taxes to go up? Other than that I think the show is amazing. I grab a tissue and watch it every chance I get!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• At first I liked it...in the few first seasons. I would like to state that I believe in helping others in need. However, that show has become a mess. You can't get on it unless you are blind with your DH in the military and a child with cancer living in a burned down house next to your dogs grave site. I think it is getting a bit over the top. I live in Ohio and they just redid a house here of a fire fighter...love fire fighters..with 11 adopted children...admirable..but no one forced them to adopt all those kids living in a three bedroom house. The house was just small, not in a state of disrepair. I thing there were others here WAY more needy and deserving. I think now they look for families that will get them the best ratings. The actual cast does very little..they were hardly here. Volunteers do the bulk of the work..all for props...I think our towns should volunteer to help everyone. not just to be on tv
    Anonymous

• i think its great what they do..ive also wondered about the taxes thing too..but i dont watch it..its not fast paced enuff for me!! 1 hr seems like 3-4 of that show..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I never wondered about taxes but I have wondered about the bills (water, electric, etc.). It sure is interesting to know what was said by "Anonymous in Ohio". I agree that towns should volunteer to help everyone. I'm originally from Ohio too (amish country) and if someone is in need they all chip in to help. I think that's a wonderful way to live. :o)
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2009