Cheating

Can you ever really trust a man again, if he's cheated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• depends on the man and why he cheated. In the book WHY MEN CHEAT it says the number one reason they cheat is bc w didn't give them emotional satisfaction (so it's not about sex).

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yes but it's hard.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It depends on both people. I would never be able to trust my husband again if he cheated. I don't have that kind of forgiving personality. Most people fall under the "once a cheater, always a cheater" umbrella and that is just the type of person they are. They are not very faithful. But there are some people who have a slip and will honestly never do it again. They learn their lesson. For me, either way, I couldn't give a second chance. Life is way too short to always be wondering what he is doing, where is he, who is he with, etc.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes you can .
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Highly doubtful and I personally would not.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 12:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree with what she says above me..
    Personally I could not....
    I just do not see my heart in the same place if my SO did that..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i agree with ddry i would be exactly the same,,i dont have that kind of forgiveness in me either ...
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes you can. Takes work on both parts.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes you can. But it takes work from both of you. You cant dwell on the past EVER if you want things to work.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 1:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Personally, I could not (did not, have not)!!!.... The man I married (in 1989) I can no longer call him a husband’ at this point I do not know how to address the ‘man’ I married. However, you do what you feel in your heart that is right for (you) and your marriage…(if you are married). I do not trust my husband, after several affairs. However, I do respect him…

Polo66

Polo66

Answer by Polo66 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009