Poked in the eye

My baby poked me in the eye 7 am this morning. That was 4 hours ago and I still can't open it and it watering like crazy. I'm sure he scratched the cornea. My question is do any of you moms have any tips on what to do for the pain?

aeemom

Asked by aeemom at 12:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• I've had this happen before and had to go to the dr because it got worse by the next day. I know an ice pack can help temporarily, and it might help if you wash it out, but you may need some meds from the dr before it improves.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 12:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Ugh! I am so sorry! That happened to me a few years back and it took DAYS for me to be able to pen it up full see! Even after it was very sensitive to light for a good week. My other eye was "sympathetic" the first night too and I couldn't open either of them. I was pretty much blind for a few hours. I'm trying to remember what I took pain wise. I"m guessing I just took run of the mill stuff, but I can't remember if it helped or not. Wish I could be more help. It's probably one of the most miserable pains that I've ever experienced!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009