Teenagers kissing in backseat while mom is driving. How would anyone handle this situation?

I feel that is is wrong. Son is 15 (just turned) Doesn't feel there is any problem with it. I have told him I would like him not to do it. Solution may be A.) Have him sit in the front seat when she is with us. B.) Refuse to have her go with us anywhere if this behavior continues. C.) tell his father it is occuring since he doesn't seem to take me seriously, his dad has a temper and yells at him, which he probably needs. D.) This is meant to be funny but seriously doubt that I would do it, tell him I am going to tie him to the roof and he can enjoy the ride from up there. HA HA HA HA!!!
What would your answer be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• ummmm... gonna go out on a limb but having your husband or his father yell at him not a good idea since this is a normal teen. Respecting the boundary is the problem. He needs to understand that it isnt appropriate to PDA especially in front of mom. If that was my 15 year old and I had already told him the "boundaries: I would pull the car over turn around and say "CUT IT OUT!" If he gets embarassed too bad, bet he doesnt do it again. And secondly, he will learn there is a time and place.
    cksem

Answer by cksem at 2:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My answer would be that it is disrespectful and it doesn't matter if your son agrees or not, he needs to respect your boundaries and not engage in activity in front of you that makes you uncomfortable. I would not agree to drive them anywhere if they did this.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Honestly, I don't like any of the options. I would tell him that it's embarrassing and uncomfortable for you. I would let him continue to sit in the back though. But tell him that if he doesn't respect your feelings on how embarrassing it is for you, you will return the favor and embarrass him. Teenage boys are easily embarrassed, especially in front of girls they like. Usually, the threat of it is enough to make a difference. But you are his mother and passing it off to dad is going to continue to make this boy challenge your authority and that isn't good.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• None, kids kiss, it happens. I made out in the back of my parents car before. They didn't get all pissy, because they knew it was a natural thing for kids. Unless they are "doing it" I wouldn't make a huge scene. If you do he may resent you and start sneaking around and then you won't be there. Meaning the kissing could elevate to other things.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Has he lost his mind, doing these things in front of you.... I would smake Dude around acting like this... Hez 15 not 30!!! Tell him to chill out and stop.. If he doesnt then off with his head... LOL No just stop taken him around..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would talk to his girlfriend. With him there or without. Tell her you don't think it is appropiate. Bet it will stop!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• She wouldn't go with us if he can't repect my rules, plain and simple, they want to kiss they should do it with a little modesty. I like the suggestion of turn around is fair play, that would probably work better then just about anything...make hubby happy to :).
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i guess i cant really say ne thing ive had sex with my fiances mom and grandma in the same room. we live in a studio apt and we were on the futon and they were on the bed. we were quiet but it was still fun.
    Anonymous

• LOL...I am the sarcastic mom...I would explain to my son that this behavior is not tolerated/allowed and if he did such in my presence again, he would not like the consequences. THEN...hehehe...EVERY TIME I caught him doing it again in the back seat of my car I would be sure to honk at EVERYONE I saw, smile, and wave... and if that didn't cure it, I would precede to honk, roll down my window, wave, and yell..."Hey! Wyatt (that's my sons name) isn't that John?!?!? See? Over there..HI JOHN!!!"

Just yell out random names...you don't even have to know the people, but it will get them looking...even late at night, this would be embarrassing...I can guarantee he wouldn't keep doing it :)

That would just be my way of dealing with it...
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 1:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• oh honey you are the MOTHER the parent. He has to abide by your rules or no girlfriend around. That sort of behavior is beyond disrespectful. He is 15. Id tie em to the top of the car..*winks*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009