EEG, scared!

I'm having a sleep deprived EEG tomorrow and I'm sort of stressing and kind of scraed. I'v been fainting since I was 10 and they have no idea why so I'm havin an EEG done, and in a few weeks an MRI. I'm stressing about this EEG bcuz I read that they try to make u have a seizure as part of the test, I'v never had one (thank God) so I shouldn't be stressing really but it's a stressful situation.

To boot, no one is going with me because the only ppl. I have are gonna stay with my kids, and I found out too late (yesterday) about the seizures so my husband isn't able to take off (not even the morning) to come with me. Esp. since he is taking off the afternoon in 2 weeks to take care of our kids so I can have y MRI and he's taking the whole day off nest week so we can take the kids to the Circus.

Anyway! Has anyone has an EEG? What was your experience? Was it "sleep deprived"? And please pray for me.

hugs to all.

Happ-eToBme

Asked by Happ-eToBme at 12:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• Wow , I'm goin through that same thing. I have a fainting disorder also that no one knows why. I have had EEG, EKG, MRI's , CAT Scans.. Tilt table test where I have seen 2 different ways of this test, in both u are strapped down on this table with a platform for ur feet and in one the table is tilted and and the other they move the table back and forth tilting to get u to have a seizure...I know its alot but don't be scared... I'm more scared of not knowing what the hell is goin on with me... get me :P Good luck and feel free to send a message
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My son had an EEG recently, he was sleep deprived and they gave him medicine to make him sleep. I'm not sure if that was a normal part of it or if it was because of his age...you might want to check.

The part where they "try to induce a seizure" is as you start to wake up, they turn on a strobe light. (that's what they did with him) They do it a bunch of different times, at different speeds and frequencies.

He has staring spells so they were checking for seizures...he's fine though. It came back normal.

Closest experience I have...don't know if it helps or not.

Good luck.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thank u ladies great info BxMetromom... I'll tak eu ip on that. Thanks
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I had a sleep deprived EEG....no big deal...they will want you to sleep during the test. I couldn't but it didn't really affect it. Don't worry.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• cool, thanks colleenf30, I was worried about not being able to sleep.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009