I am in the process of planning my son Elias first birthday... I have a few ideas such as the theme and a few decorations... but I was wondering what activities should I plan and aside from the theme, the cake, the balloons, and the banner what else should I include to make it spectacular?

miss_yassine

Asked by miss_yassine at 12:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Entertainment

• Moon walk, pin the tail on the donkey, popcorn machine, cotton candy machine, ask a clown to come pay a vist, (Now all this I know it will cost money).

But if the money is not there you will just have to go generic with alot of things and just do the best he is going to be one so he is not going to really remember too much unless you show him pictures of him often of this special day. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• he is only one, get really great food, play good music, if you have videos of his first year put that on the tv playing during the pary. set out the baby book for people to look at and contribute.. people loved that! get a smash cake... idk he is only one so really think about who are your guests (more kids or adults, i had all adults so i geared it to them and they enjoyed..)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I made the mistake of overdoing it big time with my sons first birthday party! Don't plan TOO much or you'll end up with an unhappy overwhelming crying one year old! Trust me, keep it to two to three games/activites. Anything more than that and you've overwhelmed him! Gifts get to be a huge ordeal. Keep it as easy as possible and the gifts from your husband and you save them for when you're alone. Then do gifts before you shove your child full of cake because the last thing hes going to want to do on a sugar high is sit still! Good games for that age are "fishing" the regular pole with a prize on the end, a clown/cartoon character coming is a good idea if money is an issue have a friend dress up?, and something else simple to play like a dino dig or the rubber ducky game where they pick a duck and one has a sticker underneath. GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thanks everyone... all of the advice has been very helpful
    miss_yassine

Answer by miss_yassine at 12:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2009