Unwanted guests

I moved into an apt. less than 6 months ago..I have to tell u its in a housing complex and the building is at least 50 years old...well my problem is that when I moved in alot was done, new floors, under the kitchen sink a new bottom for the cabinet, but not the cabinets, none of them. They also SPRAY painted the bathroom sink and tub.. now I have chipping paint in both. I have a 15 month old and no matter how many times and with whatever scrapper, sponge, brillo, and spray, comet, and whatever else I have wasted money on, everytime I give my dd a bath there are paint chips in the tub so I can't even let her enjoy the bath... now the kitchen, I can knowing say that the ppl before me were pigs... I didn't look in the cabinets until after we signed the lease lo and behold the inside was attrocious(sp) u could tell there were unwanted guests probably behind them...well now they are starting to come out...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• cont'd...I have tried everything.. spraying, cleaning everything in and all around the house with bleach.. I don't want to use such harsh chems around dd... Is there a safer alternative?
    Anonymous

• Tea Tree Oil...... wash the cabinets down with it then make a mixture to keep in a spray bottle.... apparently they hate tea tree oil. BUT DO KEEP THE BOTTLE PLENTY AWAY FROM DD>>> IT IS POISONOUS IF TAKEN INTERNALLY UNDILUTED>>>> Otherwise, it's the safest most natural thing to run off bugs.

Baseboard trick.... I put some drops into a big box of baking soda.... mixed and mixed until all the oil was absorbed and evenly distributed (MIXED A LOT).... sprinkled it next to the baseboards and swept it in (even swept it under the baseboards where I could). I worked for about 60 days.... then I did it again. It's a little trouble, but it's cheap and it works. AND it gives you control.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Move. Report all the things wrong with the apartment, document each and every time you report the problem. If they don't do anything, then call legal aid and the health department and find out what your rights are.
    Anonymous

• contact houseing (if I got u right, that's where u live) ur not alod to live like that esp with a small child. Tell them these things are comming out and that ur scared one wil go into ur child's ear (when I was little that happened to a little girl in my class). Tell them u want something done and fast! get the rest of ur neighbors involved and have them sign patiotions. Those things will keep comming back there are too many units and u cant get rid of all of them.

Good luck, oh, and the paint chips! That's pretty bad u might want to contact an attorny, they wont charge u until they win something, they make even make the owner of th building pay for their services. Don't sit on this, ur child is important.
    Anonymous

• if your neighbor have them you will have them no matter what!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009