I am in the process of planning my son Elias first birthday... I have a few ideas such as the theme and a few decorations... but I was wondering what activities should I plan and aside from the theme, the cake, the balloons, and the banner what else should I include to make it spectacular?

miss_yassine

Asked by miss_yassine at 12:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should make a bid deal out of the cake. Put your baby in his high chair in the middle so everyone can watch him. The cake eating is the best!! We also had a pinata, the kids that attend were much, much older than a year!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am at that same point, I dont know what to do for activities.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 1:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Keep your expectations low - remember this party is more for you and the people that love him rather than the birthday boy himself.

That being said, cater to the older kids and adults - pin the tail on the donkey is always fun, maybe some "Jeopardy" type games with family trivia?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We're going to do a little face painting, put out some horse shoe sets (one for the adults and a plastic one for the kids), throw some hula hoops and balls around and just let it be very casual.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• what ever you do it will be for the guests. the child will not ever remember it!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009