my daughter is turning 13 this month!!! need tips for haveing a party that is on the cheap side but still fun

20kimberly08

Asked by 20kimberly08 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• OOO... Skating rinks!!! Do a theme it is the TEEN years now.. Have all the kids dress up as something... Think big and cheap... Have them dress up like prom, take them out to dinner and a movie...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You could do a sleepover. she is old enought that they don't really need decor just pizza, music, and movies, fingernail polish.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Sleepover with $5 pizzas! About as cheap as can be and they have a blast staying up all night!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Sleepover at a decent hotel that has an indoor pool.....allow about 5 girls, buy pizza, make up, nail polish, and face masks.........since it's off season most everywhere, you could do it all for less than $100.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Let her invite a bunch of friends over, including boys, so that they can play games like spin the bottle and 7 minutes i heaven. Girls this age love being abound boys. Believe me this will be the best party ever.
    Anonymous

• I took my daughter ti a hibachi restaurant with about 8 friends and then they slept over.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• What's "cheap" to you? That kind of relative considering some of these answers. Hibachi to me is NOT cheap, but may be for that poster. When I turned 13, my mom rented a hotel room (about $60) and let my friends and me (and her of course) have a sleep over there. We ordered pizza for dinner and played a variation of truth or dare. Everyone had to pick a person and think of a dare for the other person to do. Then we all said what the dare was out loud, then my mom threw in the twist and told us the dare we came up with we have to do ourselves. It was SOO fun.

Wow...time flies, that made me feel old.
    gr8tmami

Answer by gr8tmami at 4:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• it's march! go to walmart/target/dollar tree and stock up on the st patrick's day stuff -- your theme, decorations and party favors. set a budget and stick to it.

a green 4-leaf clover shaped cake that reads "13 is _______'s lucky number"
    make a box cake in a 9x13 pan. whisper a prayer and wield that knife until the cake looks like a
    clover. add some green food coloring to vanilla icing and frost the cake. (freeze the cake first to make the icing part easy to do. write in white and add 13 gold candles. the cake should cost less than $10

activities: skating sounds good OR at home: movies, pizza, wings and (ginger)ale for all OR if you're a dare devil and there won't be too many party guests, they can prepare an Irish meal and eat it.

we usually let the kids pick out 12 songs (in her case it would be 13) to purchase and download and make party cd's for friends to take home. under $20
    niecee1136

Answer by niecee1136 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• < I agrre with kim...hotel pool party!!!>
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yeah that anon , well let's just pray it's not your daughter lol. Don't worry probably some teanage mom who was allowed to play 7 minutes in heaven when she was 15 or something.

Anyways. For my SD's 14th birthday we got plastic painting sheets from walmart and covered our basement in it. We had the girls bring painting clothes and let them go nuts with the extra paint we had from when we had bought our house. We gave them a large poaster board to paint and then cut it up into pieces for a rememberance. Also got for four bucks each miniature paints/canvas/easle's.

For her 13th birthday we got passes to the pool at the hotel across the street. It's litearlly like 150 feet from our house so we didn't have to spend the nite and were able to bring more girls. You can always ask a local hotel about that possibility. Then they went home, and I took a dig picture I had taken at the pool and had them printed up at walgs. cont.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 6:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009