breastfeeding + drinking alcohol

liss905

Asked by liss905 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Is that a question?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• What is the question?
    If you want my opinion I think it is wrong. My child birth educator, though, said if you want to have a glass of wine( not get drunk or have heavy alcohol) then just pump afterwards and throw that batch of milk away.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• do a search on Pump and Dump
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• 1-2 drinks is fine....as a rule...if you are safe to drive you are safe to feed.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• First off I think its wrong for a mother to even consider alchol while breast feeding,you obviously want to do the best thing for your child so DONT drink!But I will say walgreens in the baby section has in home alchol testing for your breast milk,do that before feeding your baby.
    Anonymous

• Don't do it.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 2:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• A glass of wine or A beer wont hurt. More than that you should pump and dump. Be careful though
    mrspriss0506

Answer by mrspriss0506 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009