Should my daughter be talking more?

She'll be two in one week almost. So far she only says words and she has said a couple sentences like 'What's that?' and 'How are you?' and 'I love you?'. Should she be saying more or will she be saying more? Oh and sometimes she tells us what she wants.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children all develop differently. If she is putting 2 words together then that is great. After she turns 2 her vocabulary will probably expand greatly in a short amount of time. My daughter turned 2 in December and she loves music. She has gotten a bigger vocabulary by singing songs. She learns a lot through music.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah! My daughter loves music! She even listens to rock music! (G Rated stuff) Stuff like Heart. She loves that Crazy on You song! lol She'll even sing it sometimes. But that's good to know. I feel a lot better. I worry sometimes. Actually I worry alot.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It sounds like she is doing just fine. It's actually really great that she can put words together already.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• At the age of 2, they should be saying about 50 words and starting to use 2-3 word phrases. Sounds like she's doing pretty well from what you've written.

(I have two in speech therapy and that's what the evaluators and therapists have told me)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009