• In the Spotlight:

What are some fun and free ways to get exercise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• walk, run, jog, do squats, do jumping jacks, etc. And you can even go buy some cheap weights to help build your arms too.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My mom used to walk/jog around a park's large pond while I rode my bike ahead of her. Now my dd is 5 months and I use a machine in the house, and walk around the neighborhood or walk to the nearby park. I also dance around and "work out" to music. DD thinks I'm doing it to entertain her and she smiles and laughs til she gets bored with it. Even in 5 minute increments throughout the day I get a little work out that way.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• youtube, pull up exercises on youtube and do fullscreen and workout in front of your computer. I do tae-bo and cardiokee in from of my computer.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• weight training can be done with a can of soup (not empty!), stretches can be done without cost and resistence can be done using a belt or a towel for resistence instead of bands. Of course walking is still free.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am a firm believer in using stability ball exercises to tone and scult muscules.
    Anonymous