Do you realize?

That there were several issues that Bush wanted to get passed that he could not because the Democrats voted it down? So, did YOU realize that the President cannot not make a decision himself without it having to go thru congress first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yup been trying to tell that to people on here but it goes over many heads ..... sighs!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes.and just to say it congress had a lower approval rating then Bush did.Yet dems scream about Bush having a low rating lol.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, people think the president has more power than he really does. My favorite thing was always hearing about how "stupid" "ignorant" and "retarded" Bush was, and then in the same breath they accuse him of masterminding 9/11, or blowing up the levees in New Orleans, or some other silly things like that.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 1:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yeap, that why all the junk Obama will put infront of congress will pass
    Anonymous

• Bush did enough damage in the first 6 years when republicans controlled both the house and the senate. And I blame the democrats for just rolling over and taking it. Then once the democrats got control (only the last 2 years of Bush's presidency), the republicans just threatened to filibuster everything they tried to do. I hope the democrats finally get some balls and stop rolling over for the repubs.
    Anonymous

• Yep! People don't want to know that. I tried to get people to think abou tth congress when voting but but o well.
    There are so many people who just love to hang on every campaign word they hear and expect it to happen. Crazy I think. For starters, Obama wowed people when he said he would not have earmarks and he would go line by line to get them out. Well we see how that worked out. He lied about th earmarks he could have prevented and it is a pipe dream to think the congress is EVER going to give a president line item veto.
    Obama is not and will never be the President people expected him to be with Hellosi and Greed in the congress pulling the strings.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• What were those things that Bush got shot down?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Hey Sarah Pain didn't even know what the role of Vice President was so is it shocking that alot of people don't realize the role of the President?
    Anonymous

• Bush did enough damage in the first 6 years when republicans controlled both the house and the senate. And I blame the democrats for just rolling over and taking it. Then once the democrats got control (only the last 2 years of Bush's presidency),

The economy was fine the first 6 years of his Presidency. He inherited a recession (Obama says it so I will here) and it was worse after 9/11. He turned it around with tax cuts. The last two years when Dems were in charge of the Congress is when things went south. Bush was at fault he did not veto like he should have and should have spent like a Republican and not a Kennedy on a druken bender.
    Anonymous

• Yes I did which is why Bush only passed liberal policies and it was a disaster.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2009