confused on how many weeks?

Last week I went to the doctors for an appointment and they said I am 11 weeks and 2 days. This afternoon when I checked my emails, because I get the weekly baby updates on the pregnancy, and it says I am 14 weeks. So which is it, if my first day on my last period was the 26th or 27th of November???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I believe that you would be 14 weeks, based on your last period. But, if they have done an ultrasound, they know better based on fetal size. Everyone ovulates at different times depending on their cycle, so yours could vary.
    Here is the site I used to check your dates.
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/pregcalc.html
    Congratulations!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• There are two different ways to look at how many weeks along you are. Most baby sites etc use the number of weeks since your LMP, which would be 14 weeks. Some docs still use number of weeks since conception, which would be about 12. Ask your provider which they use at the next visit.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• OMG... I had the same issue, whn i went for my 1st app. I thought i wouldnt b more than 10 wks. Yea rite, the dr. said i was 14.5 weeks! HUH??? they said i conceived in DEC/ due in SEP 25... big fat No! that was their story n they were sticking to it. I didnt agree so i tried another dr. 2 wks later, who thn said i was 16 wks... matching up with the first (so confused) , due SEP 30...
    OK, now im 2nd guessing myself.. Could i have been prego n not known??? well my LMP was Jan 8, which gave the drs due dates btween 10/1- 10/14... but everytime they did a sonogram they would giv me this SEP date. i made it my biz 2 disagree every chance i got... In the end I was right n they were wrong...Lol, my daughter was born Oct 23. wayyyy off huh. so i would say go with the timing that soumds most accurate 2u. U kno ur body a tad bit better than any test :)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 2:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009