Floatation devices for 6 month old

Does anyone know if there's anything for a 6 month old to use in a pool? I'm going to Florida in 2 weeks and I know he'll love the water, I just don't know if there's anything that he can use, rather than me just holding him. Or if there's anything safe that he can use? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would use those arm flotation devices. But I would never ever let go of him!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• you can buy a US coast guard approved PFD ( personal flotation device) mad for infants from Overton's online. It has a strap between the legs and a collar wth a grab strap on it too. I would still be in constant cotact.
    here is a link:
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/catalog.cgi
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My son has always loved the water. check into the floaties they sell at walmart or target. There are many variations, but this is the one i had for my son from the time he was 7months+

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8205811&findingMethod=rr#Features+%26+Specifications
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 1:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't want to be rude or anything, but you do know the water here (in Florida) is FREEZING right now, right?
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• OP: Yeah, I've been looking everywhere, but most places is for 9 months + so I think I'll just hold the little guy! If I got a floating I wouldn't let go of him anyway.

And to Sandra: My parent's pool is heated. But thanks.
    Anonymous

• o0o I thought you were talking about the ocean :P With my daughter we just put her in it even though it says 9 months, but she never really enjoyed it and you might end up just wanting to hold/play with them anyways, I think its more fun that way.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=13820245&albumID=1221458&imageID=35114500

That's the one I got for my daughter (from walmart). I liked that it had the shade thing.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• wat about those like tube things (that adults use in pools) that are attached to like a bathing suit type thing ... i have no clue what they're called so i sould like an idiot lol!!!! we have to get some for my daughters bday party ... i cannot remember what they're called , but its the tube w/ a bathing suit attached and u just slide the lil baby in lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009