• In the Spotlight:

the two kids debate?

why do a lot of people say that you should only have two kids? i have four and i am not on any assistance or any thing like that. my husband makes around 47,000 in a year and we are able to care for them and give them there needs and on special occasions they get there wants like birthdays and holidays. so why should someone tell me that i should have only two kids.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 1:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Agree with five.

I think i've heard just about every little joke there is about having alot of kids.Most not directly to me but when you have alot of kids your hearing seems sharper lol.
    Seriously though who cares.I like to joke back sometimes for example the old......Oh these all mine? noo I grabbed a few off the side of the road on my way in.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Same reason people say I'm not a "real parent" because I only have one. It's because they're know it all a**holes who think everyone should raise a family exactly like they do, and furthermore, are incapable of raising one that is any different - if they can't afford more than 2 kids, obviously, nobody else can. If they can't log off their computer long enough to pay attention to more than 2 kids, nobody else can do that either.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't think that any one should tell you how many children to have. I have been told that we should have only 2 (too late I am pregnant with #3) but that is because as they get bigger they need more attention etc. Some people think that it is too hard to divide up your attention between multiple children.
    You will always have people in your life who have opinions that vary from yours, just listen to what they have to say, and do what you think is best.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I dont think anyone should tell you how many kids you can have if you can afford them. Its nobodies business. Now, I do have a problem with women who have more than they can afford and are sucking up welfare.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 1:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Only white people are told that in my experience. I want to have 6 kids! :)
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 1:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Because they are nuts, thats it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The people who are telling you that are having trouble with their own lives and they just need to make someone else's life misserable. Your fine, we have two right now and want more in the future. So if anyone tells me something about having more kids I'll laugh at them! Ignore ignorant people!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Why would you care if someone believes you should have more or less children? I didn't plan on five, I have five, I don't care what anyone says or thinks about it. I am sure some people do, and I believe it may have registered with me once or twice - but they can bite me.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think as long as you can and do care for them you should have as many children as you want whether it is 0 or 25 as long as you support them and love them, it is nobody's business but yours.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 2:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Because people want to make things clean and fits into how they see the world. I have an issue with any person saying what a couple or person should do as far as their reproductive rights are. I think just as someone has the right to have no children, one child, or a dozen it is none of my business. I don't even care if those children have wonderful birthdays or not. Every child deserves love and the necessities of life - beyond that you choose as a parent how you want to live your life.
    Anonymous