Did anyone see the Oprah on feral children?

Alright, I don't need all the answers saying how much you hate Oprah and don't watch her, just people that saw that episode.
It was appalling. Maybe I am naive, but I never knew issues like this exsisted in the US. And for the mother to only get days in jail. I can't seem to get it out of my head.

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Entertainment

• I understand that there is not law for this, but something more than just child neglect applies here.
    There is a difference between leaving your child in the car when you run into the mall, than leaving them in a room for 10 years and making them mentally retarded.
    It really angers me!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No, but I live in Plant City and am appalled!!!! I hope I never run into this woman who apparently never served time in jail and still lives here!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I saw that last half hour and it's sick and unfortunately it happens. Kudos to the couple that took her in as their own.

Our justice system sucks.

Anonymous

• OOOH!!! This just infuriates me!!!! I just read an article about this and I know the area this woman lives in. If it weren't against the law......well, we'll just leave it at that!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i missed it but it sounds like i'd be kinda pissed too
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• A mother left her dd confined in a room for almost 7 years. She never, ever interacted with her so the girl never developed. She is now mentally handicapped and has the brain of a one year old, she will never be fully functioning. She does not walk properly or speak or eat properly and just learned to use the bathroom.
    I looked into this further and their are actually over a dozen or so cases of this in the US. I am speechless.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i havent watched oprah in forever but read about that a few months ago,,, it is just sick, they should do to the moms what they did to the kids, put them in a room for the rest of their lives! sickos
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Oprah makes me want to hurl!! But i must say she sometimes has a interesting topic on her show, too bad i never tune in to check her out! This one sounded fascinating! Also horrific for the poor child!! I cannot imagine not having interactions with my kids... sometimes i can't stop hugging and kissing my 17 month old !! Today she would not let me catch her to kiss her!!! Did this happen in Plant City FLA ? Maybe i can catch this episode on re-runs
    sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 4:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes, it happened in Plant City. I didn't even hear about it when it happened. I heard they kept it out of the press, if you can imagine that!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• wow, I am clueless as to what a feral child is but will go research it to see what's up. Maybe I should get tv again. I seem to be missing a lot!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009