Question for nursing moms

I've read not to buy the nursing bras with underwires cause they can cause a clogged milk duct? Are the ones WITHOUT the underwires supportive at all??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've used nursing bra's with wires and never had an issue. Personally I like the wire for exactly that reason more support.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Mine are too big to not use underwire. You just need to make sure you buy the right fit, usually two cup sizes bigger than your normal size. Additionally, you should wear a special made for sleep one at night. Other than that you shouldnt have a problem.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My answer is the same as the PP. Used them with both of my kids, and never had any problems. Anyone know why an under wire would cause a duct to clog? ive never heard of that.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 2:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I used a bra with an underwire. I nursed for 15months and never had a problem.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 2:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Most people do fine with an underwire as long as it fits properly.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I used them with an underwire with all 3 of my kids, but mostly I used tankstops with built in bras.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 3:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My boobs fell out of the one I bought with no underwire! I nursed for 18 months and never got a clogged milk duct and used underwire bras.
    mrspriss0506

Answer by mrspriss0506 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009