Question about pap during pregnancy...

The last time I had a pap while pregnant I wasnt very far along but I bled a little for a few days after. My next appointment is Monday and I am scheduled for another pap/strep test. Do you always bleed a little after or does it just depend on the person checking you? I see different midwives every time so its usually someone different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've always been told its possible. Your cervix is more sensitive so its not uncommon. I spotted a bit but nothing major.
    Anonymous

• It depends on your body. I never did with either of my pregnancies, but they say it is common to have a little blood. I would ask when you go in if its okay to bleed for a few days though. They always told me to expect it for a few hours afterward, not days.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 2:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think it depends on who does the exam because the dr I had with my first DD I didn't ever bleed after an exam, but the dr I have now I bleed everytime I get an exam done with him
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Spotting after a pap is pretty normal, especially if you are pregnant.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i am 36 weeks preggo and i went to the emergency room a few weeks ago and they did a pap on me i bled for a day but it was nothing hardcore it light and hardly noticable it all just depends on your body
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 4:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009