making a grocery list

Hubbys hours got cut a few weeks ago they are talking about giving him the hours back, but we are going to be having a short pay this week and need ideas of dinners to feed 4 and I also need ideas on healthy snacks for the kids. I only have 100 for goceries that counts also for pullups and toilet paper. Help me with a grocery list please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• Honestly, my DH and I are on a budget and when we need snacks or frozen dinners,juices,lunch meats and cheese..we'll go to Target! I know it sounds funny but we save about 30$ a month doing that.... Try it or check it out!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Spaghetti is my easiest and cheapest meal, I think. Umm, pork chops are normally cheap too and easy to fry up real quick or grab some shake and bake and bake them. Grab some potatoes and make mashed potatoes as one of the sides with em' since you can get a whole bag for like $3 and make them again later in the week as well.

For snacks my son loves apple sauce and the little Dole fruit cups, which Publix has one sale BOGO at least once a month. Also yogurt is super-cheap if you and your kids like it; only .50 a cup.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 2:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
    mac-n-cheese
    chicken stir fry (buy frozen stir fry veggies)
    snacks: ritz bitz crackers, bananas, yougurt, make instant pudding, jello
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 2:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Raman noodles are cheap. Grilled cheese and soups. Meatloaf goes a little further. for snacks...apples and honey but honey aint cheap. When I had to strectch a dollar, i made a lot of spaghetti, stews and fried bologna sandwhiches. Some grocery store pizza's arent too bad either. Salad with everything helps as a healthy filler.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 2:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Australian meat pie (basically i deep dish pie crust, hamburger, bacon, peas, and 3 large potatoes, with another pie crust on top) British Lamb stew (lamb Can be found in small amounts for about $3-$5 a pack or sub it with cubed beef) ( 4 potatoes, 1 onion chicken stock, and your meat) South Philly Mac and cheese ( 4 boxes mac n cheese 3/4 pound sliced beef, you can use cheese steak for this) Chicken Parmesan (breaded chicken on top of spaghetti and sauce) Beefy bean soup( tomato puree, diced tomatoes, beef broth, basil, oregano, 1 cup elbow macaroni, 1 pound hamburger, onion, garlic, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can northern beans

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Snacks we get little Debbie snack cakes, and juice we go to Sam's club and buy the Kool Aid where you get 4 boxes for $6.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• go to adili or save alot you can get alot for that .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2009