Do you think it's rude to give a tag offer to someone not in the group?

I just wondered what people here think about the idea of someone offering a tag in a group but then giving it to someone who is not in that group? Do you think that's rude (to the owner and members of the group)? Do you feel it's just fine cuz it's the Designer's tag and they can do what they want?

Bethe333

Asked by Bethe333 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I think if it's a tag that was made for that group, then it should only be for those in the group. If its a tag that the designer created & then decided to offer it in the group, then it's the designer's choice to offer elsewhere.

For example if the group decides that the designers will each submit a St. patty's tag & the designer submits that tag as their contribution to the group - then that should remain in the group. Otherwise it's rude to the group owner & members. If the designer made st. patty's tags, but submitted one as their group submission, then any additional ones shared in or out the group would be up to the designer's discretion.
    MyLittleMunchie

Answer by MyLittleMunchie at 2:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• They spent their time and talent to make it, they should be able to offer it to whomever they want. As long as it doesn't have a group name or group URL link on it then it's fine to offer it to someone outside of that group.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree with the second answer Beth. I have begun to notice that a lot of signature groups are having "guest" tag makers these days. I think as long the tags being made aren't saying they are for a specific group ( or have the group name included in the maker info) then then the maker should be able to give to anyone who asks.

That said, I need about 40 tags...=D
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009