Whats the normal size?

Of a first birthday... As in guests, decorations etc.... I know it varies, but how big was yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had immediate family and grandparents only.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• we went alll out! i got it catered! lol thats sad.. my DD was asleep most of it!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We had it at the park and we invited everyone that was either a friend or family member. We served hot dogs, chili, chips and dip. We had some decorations but not a huge amount.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• for my ds, it was me, my dh, my mil, my dad and my brother... you dont want to overwhelm the child with too much excitement.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my sons birthday is this month and we are doing it pretty big. for one hes my only baby. two my husband has a huge family and i have my family coming from out of town. they are only one once. we are going to have like 60 people
    ashley1363

Answer by ashley1363 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• we too went to the park with our family and a few friends. We grilled and got a few trays of stuff from Costco. My advice is keep it short, sweet and simple since a 12 mo can't perform for that long anyway!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I didn't make a big deal about my daughter's first birthday, she didn't even know what was going on after all. I think its smarter to save the money for when she will remember. Her first birthday was on Thanksgiving day, lol, so family being there was a given, and a couple of my friends came as well. She just had cake and presents with everyone watching. Oh, and the lights being turned out and everyone walking toward her singing scared her to death btw :P Good luck!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think we had about 30 guests in all including adults and children. We had it at the park, so we had to decorate just about everything to make it all about our son's party. It lasted about two hours and my son had a great time. He hated his cake though. He actually hated cake at his second birthday party too...he's just not into it, lol, I have him recorded spitting it out all over the place trying to get the taste out of his mouth!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 3:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We didn't do anything really this time. Gave her 3 presents and a cupcake. 1st birthdays are for parents.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Mommy + Daddy + Baby
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009