Would you tell your ex?

Years ago, I broke up with my fiance because he was cheating. A few days later, I found out I was pregnant. I asked him if we could give it another try and he told me no, that he was with the other girl now so I never told him I was pregnant. I ended up losing the baby about a month later. I never told him anything about it. He and the girl are now divorced and he says he still has feelings for me but that's beside the point. He is a total loser and I am happily married to a wonderful man. But everyone in my family thinks it is just so terrible that I never even told him I was pregnant and lost the baby. They actually think I should tell him now, even after 5 years. What do you ladies think? I think it's in the past and needs to be left there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• it's really up to you. if it were me i think i would tell him, just to get it off my chest and so everyone would leave me alone about it.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• id tell him. i think he should know that he had a kid. you lost the baby but it was still yours and his kid. but thats just me. . . its really about what you want to do. if you dont want to tell him then dont.
    Anonymous

• don't tell him what good is it going to do. let him live in happy ignorance.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 2:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It won't accomplish anything, so don't tell him. The past is the past.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 2:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would say no b/c he still has feelings for you and you are married to someone else now. It might stir up some more feelings for him that you don't want right now.
    Shoremom29

Answer by Shoremom29 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• What would you expect from him after telling him b/c imo one would only mention this after all this time to have something come from it so why bother if you're now happily married? Anyways...there's nothing he could do about it. I just don't see any reason for it. Jmo.
    mommietogirls

Answer by mommietogirls at 2:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think you're right. Leave the past alone.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It might make YOU or YOUR family feel better, but how do you think he's going to feel? If he has any decency it will only hurt him to know that he lost a child he never even knew about. I say leave it alone, your window to tell him is closed.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I say it would cause more hurt for both of you than good. Let it go. It's not up to your family.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• what would be the point?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009