after delivery-- is this normal?

So, I haven't been bleeding too much.. I gave birth 9 days ago. Well, yesterday and today I've been having what seems like goop, in my pads. It only happened two times, but it's really awkward. It reminds me of the slime/goo stuff you get out of the 25 cent machines. It's slimey enough to where it sticks together, but its got the same texture. It's either a red or brownish color.
Did anyone else have this? Is it normal?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 3:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had clots pass, but if they get bigger than a quartet you will probably want to call your Dr or midwife.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 3:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think it's normal, too. I had those that late after, if I remember correctly. Clots can form especially after you've been lying or sitting down for a long stretch and the blood comes out all at once. But not a bad idea to run it by your doctor anyway.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yep. I did that for awhile but I did it all day not just twice. lucky lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yep, normal. You will get clots as your uterus heals and stops bleeding. If they are really big, call your provider and ask about it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't know if it's normal. Keep an eye on it. I had a uterine infection... and my bleeding stopped (and sounds alot like how you describe yours) and then I started to feel kind of sick... just not hungry and stuff. After I went back to the hospital and started on antibiotics my bleeding started again for 5 more weeks.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My bleeding started again, finally. And now won't stop... ughh!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009