How can i get my daughter to sleep in her own bed?

My 3 year old daughter is learning to sleep in her own bed for the first time. My husband and i used to let her sleep with us,i still want her to sleep with us but my husband does'nt. My husband is a doctor so he works pretty late. When he isnt home i let her come in bed with me. I need help. She needs to learn to sleep in her own bed. I know me not makeing her when her dad is gone is not helping, But what can i do to make my self get incontrol and make her sleep in her own bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I love having my little girl sleep with me, but it kills my back! She is almost three, so about 6 months ago, I got her a small toddler bed and we all made a HUGE ordeal about the "BIG GIRL BED" and how cool it was and how pretty it was and how big girls sleep in their own bed, and now she loves it! Good luck!
    mrspriss0506

Answer by mrspriss0506 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• When Daddy is gone, let her sleep in your room, but in a sleeping bag on the floor. This will get her away from sleeping in your bed. She should not be sleeping in your bed when he isn't there, as you agreed, since this gives her a mixed message. If she is afraid to sleep alone, make sure she has a big stuffed animal she can hug, and leave at least one night light on and the room light if necessary.

Answer by Bmat at 3:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009