Was the catholic bishop wrong?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29531755/

9 years old and raped, pregnant with twins and they shun the mom in this situation. I think it is mean that they wanted the little girl to go through with the pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it is disgusting. Here is where all the folks that cry "NO ABORTION" are just plain wrong. It would be horrific punishment to have forced this girl to proceed with the pregnancy. I've said many times that while I am pro-choice I am not pro-abortion. I don't think abortion should be used as birth control, but there are times when it is acceptable. It isn't anyone else's business what this girl and her mother decided to do. It is their choice and I believe they chose correctly.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• This is where the line is drawn between Jesuits and radical lunatics.I don't believe in a abortion.In that case,I would.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 3:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• At nine years old, I would have to say it was probably a very high risk pregnancy. I think her gettting an abortion is probably the better of the two situations at this point. As for the Bishop... I never agreed with the churches stance on this issue because most of the Church officials are men, that never have to go through a situation like this to begin with, so should have no say either way.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Oh my...9 years old. A pregnancy at her age is dangerous. Anyone who says differently is CRAZY!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree with xxhazeldovexx. Both on the abortion issue and the church's stance on abortion (former Catholic speaking, I never liked their stance on birth control either).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• One of the reasons I excommunicated myself...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Just gotta love those Catholics... UGH!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes, he was wrong.

The mother and doctors did what was best in that childs interest. If she'd had those twins odds are great she'd have died or come very close. Then what would have been said? Oh yippee she's with God now?? Come on!!!!!!

He'll excommunicate them while smacking the hand of the abuser.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am a Catholic and I don't want to condemn the entire faith, but I will have to say that this is a huge flaw!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 2:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2009