Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can I go?

I have no health insurance for myself, I just have it for the kids, and I have a huge hole in one of my back molars from a cavity. I am in horrible pain because of it especially when I accidentally bite down with it . So I live in Bedford TX, where can I go for affordable dental care? I should also mention I had a very bad experience with a dentist when I was a kid, my mom told them they could not use pain relievers on me so they drilled a tooth with no novacaine or whatever it is they use, and it left me very traumatized. That is why I haven't been back.

Answer Question

Asked by ednakrabapple at 3:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 3 (18 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Check with your local health department and see if they have a comunity dental office, or call your local welfare office and see if they have a list of medical places that are for lower income people that might be able to help you.

    Answer by INDIANAMOM at 3:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • Thanks, I know there are I just didn't know how to get a hold of them I guess I will have to wait on hold at the health department now ugh.

    Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • I have know someone who went to downtown dallas where they have medical students work on teeth. It is a pain because you have to go wait half a day and they do part of the work and it may take 3 visits to get it done but it is way cheap or free depending on income.

    Answer by ria7 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • Was it the Baylor Dental school? I tried to get in there and they said they had a 6-12 month waiting list, and I would have to pre-qualify just to be on the list : ( I can't wait that long.

    Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
Has anyone tried this velcro belt?

Next question overall (Health)
Where can I go?